Sunday 26 December 2010

MEANWHILE...


Life is Hard


Which isn't to say that life isn't good.  It's just that deep down life is hard--the kind of hard your parents told you it would be.


Beds have to be made.  Bills have to be paid.  Hard things happen.  But we learn to live with these things, most often overcome them, and sometimes even come to appreciate them!  And through the hard times, we see that life can be beautiful.  



The beauty of stones that have been smoothed by a lifetime of small batterings.  The beauty that comes from rough edges being beaten down and of dross burned off by the refiner's fire.  The beauty persistence in the face of trials and tribulation.


...


Life is hard, but that's a good thing.  It's how we learn and grow.  We tended to live in a bubble believing we could have everything we wanted. That's not actually healthy for us.  There are difficulties in life.  Overcoming those challenges are part of life's rewards/beauties/blessings...  There are things in life that are most important that can't be measured by money or pleasure. 


Hard work is good, and builds character.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am one of those guys with a fat address book - maybe because all my friends tell I'm charming and clever! But as far as I´m concerned, friendship is a club of seven people which was fully by the time I was 25. We all share the same interests, and we don´t make any demands on one another in emotional terms - which is something I would avoid like the plague. It´s not that I don´t like making new friends easily...They have to cativate me at first...We all grew up in the same social, professional and geographical world that we now occupy as adults. The group of seven offers me as much security and intimacy as I require!